Introducing: Commsplus Distribution
CommsPlus Distribution has been a leading distributor within the Telecommunications industry for over 30 years supplying and supporting major brands like Panasonic, Gigaset and Yealink across Australia.
To further improve on their award winning commitment to their people and partners, CommsPlus utilised a cloud-first approach to improve their business operations and collaboration.
In continuing their commitment and efforts to remain agile and competitive, Commsplus appreciated the impact of technology on these aspects, and approached CoreTechs IT to assist in designing, implementing, and supporting a modernised work environment, which puts their P’s first.
Commsplus Distribution cloud journey
Rationalising systems and moving to the cloudThe Challenge:
As with a lot of businesses, CommsPlus Distribution rely heavily on their IT systems for proper business function, and with all their IT systems residing locally, this presented significant risks to the business and its
continuity. In addition, their existing infrastructure and endpoints had exhausted their useful life, which increased security concerns and provided minimal options in terms of remote access and accommodating workforce expectations.
With an apatite for change and supportive leadership, CommsPlus Distribution wanted IT Systems that supported modernised work-styles, team collaboration
and reducing reliance on local utilities without sacrificing security.
A Hybrid-cloud solution utilising the Office 365 eco-system to drive collaboration and efficiency.
- Integrating new Windows infrastructure with Office 365 cloud resources and Windows 10. This solution provided the benefits of both worlds: having localised Domain security, compliance, and access to local resources not adequate for cloud.
- Seamless integration with key services now moved to cloud, including Email, Files, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Upgrading all computers to modernised HP hardware, Windows 10, and implemented Sophos endpoint security. The PC small form factor provided reduced desk clutter, while Windows 10 and Sophos ensured cloud integration and desktop security.
- IT Systems are now accessible on any device, securely and not reliant on local infrastructure.
- Staff can work from anywhere, on any device, any time.
- Efficiency improvements with staff collaborating on documents in real-time, and security sharing information instantly with each other.
- Enabling modernised options of work improved staff satisfaction, retention and options for recruiting talent.
- Disaster Recovery is now automated, in the cloud, ready to take over when required.
- Cost assessment proved Hybrid was more cost effective than 100% on-premises infrastructure, with numerous workplace benefits.